Prototype

Hi!

For this week, we were asked to start creating our game prototype. As I'v mentioned before in my Game Design Document. My game is called Escape! and it's a multi-level fast phased running obstacle game. Making a game isn't easy, but for the beginning I wanted my prototype to have the one thing that we all interact with first when we boot up a game. The Start Menu or Main Menu, which ever suits.

I started off by thinking about what I want the feel of my game to be, it's a running game so I pictured different sets of environments, terrains, obstacles and surfaces. I kept thinking of words like flat, steep, high, bumpy, low etc. In my last blog post I wrote about the different video tutorials that I've used to help me create my start page. Like I've mentioned in my previous post, I didn't run into major problems when making the start menu but I'd be lying if I said that it was a smooth process. It was defiantly frustrating because little things would constantly come up and not work or I couldn't figure out how to do certain tasks.

As I progress further with my game prototype, I want to create the environment of the different levels so that the game can begin to take its shape. I know this won't be easy but I hope that at the end of this module I will end up with a fun game that will be enjoyable to play.
Thanks for reading.

Main Menu
Source: Personal Image

Comments