Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Comments and feedback
Source: pixabay
Hi!

In this blog post I'm going to be writing about the blog comments and project feedback that I either received or given to others in the module. In my opinion, feedback is an important step in any creative process because it allows the creator to hear the advice and opinion of others that he/she can then use to improve their work prior to releasing it.

When it comes to getting comments and feedback from other students on my project I think it is really helpful. Most feedback is positive and I really appreciate when I get advice and tips from others regarding my project. They give me interesting suggestions and advice that I can later either introduce or change in my project to make it better. Feedback for my game was actual helpful because it made me think about other parts that I could add to my game that I have not thought off before. I find this type of feedback really helpful because it introduces me to features that I never looked at or knew about that could work well with my game idea.

Getting comments and feedback is great because it helps out to improve our projects based on others people suggestions. The comments and feedback that I'm leaving on other students projects is one that I hope helps them out in some way to improve on their project. Even though I tend to keep most things positive I always ask a question or two in a form of suggestion or advice to make the person think about their idea and suggest on what they might do to take it on to the next step.

After reading the blogs of other people I can say that I'm definitely getting a sense of their creative side. It's really cool to see all the different game ideas and how it differs from person to person. I'm not fully convinced if I'm getting a sense of them even though I know more from the introductions, I think that the blogs allows us to see the different ideas regarding our game project and see how others want to develop their ideas.
In my case, I think that I'm ok with my introduction post because it lets others in on a small 'backstory' of how I got here. I don't really share a lot because I'm really shy and awkward around strangers or in the beginning of meeting someone new.

In my opinion I think right now the assignment feedback is too nice and could be somewhat more about constructive criticism. Instead of being full on negative when giving feedback, I think it would be helpful to criticise each others assignments a little more (in a constructive way) because then we could learn more about how to change and improve our assignments/projects. Constructive criticism is there to help others in pin pointing weaknesses in their work and give advice on how to flip that around and make it into a strength.
Thanks for reading.

Comments