Game Brainstorm

Making a Game
Source: pixabay



Hi!

Whats up? Hope you're doing well. So, for this blog post I'm going to be writing about my 4 possible ideas for my game that I'll be making in this module.

Idea 1 - Progression Game
For my first idea, I looked at simple yet addiction games on the app store. Ex, Color Switch. Basing my idea of these types of games I'd like to make a clear and simple progression game that involves a number of different levels. The levels would include a number of different obstacles and objectives that the player would have to do in order to complete the level. However, the levels would progressively get harder. The higher the level, the harder the goals and challenges.

Idea 2 - Free roam
This idea came to me after I came across some old games on my old computer that I'd play when I was younger. Games like The Sims and RollerCoaster Tycoon. Looking at those games, it inspired me to want to create a free roam 3D mini world game where the player gets to control a character and play how he/she wants. The game would allow the player to build homes or cities and let them progress their characters in whatever way they'd like too.

Idea 3 - Run!
For my next game idea, I thought about making a running obstacle game. The player would have to manoeuvre their way around, avoiding obstacles and collect points that could help them get upgrades later on. To make the game more interesting and challenging, the further the player would get the faster the game would get making it harder to keep up and more exciting.

Idea 4 - Arcade Time
Games like Pac Man and Donkey Kong are games that are classic and are known by millions of people, even to this day. So, for my final game idea I thought about making a game that shared the classical game feeling. The game would involve the player to defeat waves of incoming enemies. The higher the level the larger and longer the wave of enemies gets.

External Sources that I've Looked At:
Level up! The Role of Progression for a Gameful Design
Open World Game
Creating-an-infinite-3d-runner-game-in-unity ----> Part 2
Making a Great Arcade Game

Comments