Unity Free Tutorials

Unity Tutorial 05
Source: wikimedia
Hi!

From this week on, we are going to start following different kinds of Unity tutorials. Tutorials that are more specifically focused around are own individual games. I have to say that I've really benefited from watching and practicing the previous Unity tutorials from weeks one to four. I found them to be helpful, which is something I desperately needed in this module. Being that I haven't used Unity before I was really lost with the idea of creating a game and to be honest I think I'm still lost in some way but lets not get negative here!

My game is called Escape! and it is an endless runner multi-level style game. (It will have an end point so, it's technically not an endless runner. Think of Temple Run but with an ending) For this week I've decided to start the Unity tutorials off with watching a tutorial on the first thing we all come across when playing video games. The main menu. The main menu is an important part of each game because it is the one place where we have start the game, quiz or save our progress. I want to use a main menu in my game so I followed a tutorial on how to go about doing it.

I've managed to follow the tutorial without falling into major issues, there were times where I got lost but in the end the tutorial helped me out a lot in making a simple start menu.





Thanks for reading.

Comments