Week 8 Reading and Writing

I chose this image because it was the image that I had
used for one of my favourite previous readings.
Source: pixabay
Hi! 

For this week's reading blog I'm going to be looking back. Looking back at my previous reading blog posts and after that I'm going to evaluate everything that comes into my head about the readings. Then I'll be picking my favourite reading so far in the module!

So, the readings... I don't hate them but I don't love them either. Hear me out on this because I don't want this to turn into a heated 10 page essay / documentary titled "The Truth About College" Shane Dawson where you at? Anyways, back to the readings. In this module we do readings every week usually on a Monday and to be 100% honest, they're fine. They don't bother me as much as other things *cough* editing, coding, websites, projects, covers, games etc.

The main pro for me when it comes to doing readings is how simple they are to complete. We get an article or two to read and then we write a blog about our thoughts, what we've learned and our overall opinions on them. It's simple, there is no confused about the process or anything that's involved.

On the other side a big con for me when it comes to doing readings is the amount of time they take up. I'm someone that has a serious short attention spam and I can get distracted by any little thing so occasionally when I'm writing my blog after doing the reading it can take me double the time it would normally take. But that's something I have to work on I guess.

Looking back at all the different readings that we have done so far, I've narrowed it down to two readings that I enjoyed. The two are the Game Design and Growth Mindset readings. The reason why I choose them is because I remember them being something different. The Game Design reading introduced me to different types of games and their design aspects that I didn't know before and that was interesting. The Growth Mindset reading was the most interesting out of all the reading that we have completed so far in the module. I really enjoyed reading about the concept of a growth mindset and a fixed mindset. I think because that reading was due sometime at the beginning of this module, it was a reading that overall got me interested in the module itself.

Back to today. Am I happy with my game project? Yeah... maybe, kind of, who knows. In all seriousness I'm happy with it right now. Having created and finished all the steps needed before I go and actual make the game. This has me somewhat at ease and I don't feel as pressured. Let's hope it stays that way haha (nervous). My biggest accomplishment in this module so far would have to be that I'm actually keeping on top of my blogs and work. Knowing me and how easily distracted I am, I thought that I would be behind on something already. So far so good.
Going forward from here, I'm excited to see how my game turns out and I'm looking forward to take on the challenge that is Unity.
Thanks for reading.

Comments