Workshop 1

Hi everyone!
In this blog post I'm going to take a look at a exercise, a traffic lights exercise and I will do my best to try and describe the exercise while also giving an answer to the main questions that comes along with this exercise. 


 


     Traffic Lights Illustrations
     Source: pixabay
                      pixabay
                      pixabay

I'm sure we've all seen these. Traffic lights. Most of us see them everyday on multiply occasions during our days. We see them while on our way to school or work or even when we're running to get our doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, you know who you are. Traffic lights are just traffic lights, nothing special right? I know. They help navigate everyone and bring some order when it comes to driving.
But lets get to the exercise.

                                                                    Traffic Lights Exercise
                                                                    Source: workshop01

Describe is plain English how the above traffic lights work.

For someone like me that hasn't done their driving licence yet, I had no clue what's going on here or how to answer the above statement. I guess I never really payed any attention to road rules before so this took me a while. But I think I've finally figured it out. 
The car on the right hand side always has the right of way so, what does this mean? It means that the car on the left has to wait until the car on the right has passed. Simple right? Yeah but then pedestrians get in the way. It seems like by adding pedestrians things will get more complicated but they actually don't! If the two cars don't cross paths and go straight ahead then pedestrians from south and north can go on and cross the road. This works both ways north and south or east and west.

Did you figure out the solution to this exercise right away or did it take to a while like me?

Comments

  1. Hopefully you guessed by now I wasn't really interested in the answer but more in how you would tackle it! Yo have obviously put a lot of thought into it well done.
    I really hope you enjoy this module!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment