Unity Tutorial 1

Unity Logo
Source: wikimedia


Hi guys!

In this blog post I'm going to be writing about the video game engine called  Unity. To be more specific, I'm going to write down my thought about this weeks assignment and the practice tutorials about the game engine Unity.

Unity
To start this blog off, I have to say this is my first time looking at any game programs/ game engines. Although, I've heard of Unity before I didn't know anything else about it rather then it being a game engine. For this assignment I've downloaded Unity onto my laptop and began looking at the basic features of Unity by watching the tutorials on the website and practicing them to familiarise myself with the engine.
To my surprise the engine is not that hard to use. Even though it is not the easiest, it is defiantly something that I can start using once I get my head around the basics. I enjoyed learning about the basic features of the engine because they were actually easier to carry out than I thought.

Tutorials 
Alongside looking around Unity, I also watched the tutorials which were great help! They were easy going and gave the right amount of new information for someone like me, a beginner. Being a beginner to game engines or Unity, things can easily get confusing and difficult to understand. But watching these tutorials really helped as they've introduced me to new basic features of Unity and Jimmy Vegas the guy giving the tutorials explained everything slowly and clearly which made everything easier.

Even though I'm excited for this module and getting to create a game, I have a concern going forward that I'll fall out and not understand Unity when more complicated features and processes come into play later on, but so far so good.
Thanks for reading.

Comments