Research

Tiny Farm
Source:freepik
For this weeks blog, I'm going to write about the work and research I did for the project. From reading the Game Design Document you know that we're making an interactive mathematical children game called Tiny Farm.

In the Game Design Document, I wrote about the Players Views and Game Flow Charts. These two aspects mainly focused on the visual side of the game. But, from the start of working on this project we knew we wanted to add some sort of dialogue into the game. This week that was my job, researching and creating dialogue for Tiny Farm.

World of Peppa Pig
Source: app
Since Tiny Farm is an interactive maths game aimed at a predominately young audience between the ages of four to eight, the dialogue in the game cannot be too difficult to understand and follow. For my research I looked at kids games such as World of Peppa Pig, Math Wizard For Kids, Sago Mini Puppy Preschool etc. When looking at these different games I focused on the general layout and how dialogue comes into play with these games.

Based of on my research I went off to make the dialogue for Tiny Farm. When making the dialogue I kept out target audience in mind, this helped me to make different decisions when deciding what to add or remove from the text. I didn't want to make the lines too easy but also not making them really difficult. Below is a preview of the dialogue we will be adding into Tiny Farm. Subject to change.
Dialogue
Source: Personal Image



Comments