Alpha

Unity
Sourcewikimedia
Hi!

In this blog post, I'm going to write a little more about my game and where everything is at right now.
My game is slowly making progress. But, it's still not where I envision it to be. Today I've spent my day developing one of the key parts of my game, Max. If you're unaware or confused Max is the name of the main character in my game Escape!.

Creating Max... Unity is not the most fun to use because I get confused on almost everything. Tutorials help out a lot because they carry out the development stage step by step and most of them are easy to follow. My character features a few different animations that I think are needed for an endless runner type of game. Getting these animations to work smoothly is a bit of a challenge but I don't think is it something that I can't do because they aren't that difficult. I got the running animation to work correctly which was a relief since the point of the game is running.

The biggest issue I faced recently was that my characters textures and colours won't show in Unity. I tried to come up with a solution for this but I haven't figured it out yet. I think I'm going to need a couple of days to see how this can be fixed.

My plan going forward now is to finish off my character animations and begin working on a new terrain. The first terrain seen in my pervious blog post didn't really go well/fit and I have an idea for a new one so I'll be working on that this week. I'm a tiny bit nervous that I might be behind on the whole game creating process but right now I'm just going to take it bit by bit to make sure the game runs that way it should. Below is a screenshot of my colourless character Max running.

Developing my character




Comments