Feedback Thoughts

Feedback? Good? Bad?
Source: pixabay


Hello!

In this blog post I'm going to write down my thoughts on the two articles that I've read for todays feedback assignment.

The following links are the two articles I've read -
A Fixed Mindset Could Be Holding You Back
Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback


Article 1 
The first article titled 'A fixed mindset could be holding you back' written by Anna Kelsey Sugg and Ann Arnold was an overall well written piece. I found the article very interesting because it touched on a number of good points from consistantly praising children from a young age might make them fragile and brittle in the future to having a fixed mindset or growth mindset in the medical field regarding doctors. Not only does the article discuss the different mindsets but also gives advice on how to develop a growth mindset if you feel like you might have a mindset that's fixed. Advice that I'll definitely take.

Article 2
The second article titled ' Why It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback' written by Tim Herrera talks about (you guessed it) why it's so hard to for us to hear negative feedback. The article gives advice for both, the person that gives the feedback and also for the person that is receiving it. Tim stuck to the topic and gave good points but he also mentioned something that I found interesting. Reworking our brains to seek negative feedback in order to help us and improve. I found this interesting because as a person that doesn't usually enjoy the whole 'feedback process' I could use that to help myself get a better outlook on receiving feedback, wether positive or negative.

Conclusion
Although I know that feedback is an important step in the creative process, it helps us to improve ourselves and our work. I guess I still have a 'narrow view' on feedback. Instead of hating feedback, I take it because I know it'll help me in the future but the only problem is that I'm very awkward and shy when receiving feedback.

Thanks for reading.

Comments