Growth Mindset

Hi,
In this blog post I'm going to write down some of my thoughts about the concept of Growth Mindset, specifically I will be referring back to the video I watched of Carol Dweck giving a TED talk about this topic. 

Carol Dweck TED talk on Growth Mindset
Source:Youtube

This was my first time watch Carol Dweck give any TED talk, I never heard of her before. But I have heard of the topic of Growth Mindset. I've heard it on a few occasions back in secondary school when we would discuss how to improve our grades. When it comes to me, I think that I'm somewhere in the middle of the spectrum with growth mindset. I say this because I find myself using a 50/50 approach when it comes to let's say tasks in school. Sometimes I approach them head on and I want to figure out the error and other times I try to avoid what ever the task is at all cost. But on the other hand, in life I tent to go up on the spectrum then because I face errors and obstacles pretty much head on in my life, or I least that's what I think I'm doing.
The biggest challenges for me when learning new things is trying and wanted to understand the topic straight away. I guess I don't want to fail so I do everything I can to understand and get the topic (what ever it might be) right the first time around.
I'd be open to learning more about the concept of an growth mindset, if it was to maybe help me in my school carrier then definitely! I think coming into my 2nd year of studies I'm more excited about Video Techniques and Web Design and everything that revolves around those modules but I'm definitely worried about the Group Projects. They are a huge part of year 2 and involve one of my most hated and terrified things, that being presentations.   

Growth Mindset Chart on differences
Source: Growth Mindset


                                                                                                                                                                        

               

Comments